Getting to know Cody Butler
Cody Butler is a marketing coach and consultant for lead generation sales. He helps companies with the toughest aspects of their businesses. In this episode, Cody Butler shares his expertise on how to get responses by crafting effective outreach messages.
Crafting effective outreach message
- One of the biggest mistakes people make is the lack of brevity. Everyone is so busy they’re sending messages that are dense and hard to navigate.
- The messages Cody sends taps into clients’ biggest existing desires. You need to figure out what they want before sending an outreach message.
- The goal is to get the person to engage so don’t ask too much in the first email. In this initial email you only need the prospect to raise their hand and say yes!
- The second email provides the overwhelming your solution is what they need and you offer a very low key call to action.
- In all your communication, what you are looking for is to mitigate potential objections to get the outcome that you want.
- Go to Reddit, Quora, and other forums if you’re not entirely familiar to get more acquainted with people who fall in your niche.
- In forums, you don't have to present the answer, you just need to ask the question. Ask questions pertaining to your brand and niche to really narrow down the interests of your target audience. You also need to understand the questions people are asking.
- The people reading your outreach message shouldn’t be able to answer with, “So what?” It should be a message that requires a Yes or a No.
- Keep it simple and benefit-driven. At maximum, an outreach message should be two sentences long. Don’t let it sound like you’re deciding for them. Let the market decide if the message is going to work.
- Personalize your messages and instead of the subscribe/unsubscribe link, go for the stop receiving these emails or don’t email me again.
“Crafting an Effective Outreach Message That Gets Responses” episode resources
Connect with Cody Butler via LinkedIn and also check out Cody Butler’s book, The 90 day Marketing Plan. Visit his official website to learn more.
Speak with Donald directly for more sales talks. Reach him via these channels: LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns. Try Pipedrive today for FREE! As a TSE listener, PipeDrive is offering you an EXTEND trial beyond the typical 30 days + 25% off your first three months after trial. Try it today at → https://pipedrive.live/tse use your code: pipedrivetse. This course is brought to you in part by TSE Certified Sales Training Program. It’s a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. It will help them elevate their sales game. Sign up now and get the first two modules free! You can go and visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals also call us at (561) 570-5077. "We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our 2 mins survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes so tune in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings to every episode you listen to.
You can also read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore this huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day free trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.