Today’s plan is simple: Donald is sharing his number one productivity strategy for sales. What is it? Find out on today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist.
Focus on one thing at a time. (Earth-shattering, I know.)
- This idea might not be crazy, but the results that come of it sure can be.
- Only 2.5% of people are able to multitask successfully. (That’s a very slim number of people.)
- That means you probably can’t respond to clients, check your email, and prospect on LinkedIn while maintaining the standards you would for just one thing.
- But even if you can, no matter how productive you are, it isn’t as efficient as focusing on one singular task at hand.
How does this affect our productivity?
- You get an email. You leave your current task to check your email. That email leads you to check your availability for a get-together. You check Facebook for information about the get-together. You start to watch videos while on Facebook. Before you know it, an hour has gone by, and you still haven’t finished the task at hand. Sound familiar?
- Donald’s advice? Close the tabs and remove the distractions that aren’t conducive to the task at hand.
- Even you’re one of the 2.5% who can actually multitask, do what you can to ensure you’re giving your best to the task at hand, and only do one thing if you find yourself slacking or not performing your best.
- Create the proposal or update the CRM. But close ESPN, Facebook, and those 15 different google docs.
- Remember, the more productive you are throughout your day, the more tasks you’re able to check off.
Do you have a productivity hack? Share it in Donald’s Facebook group, The Sales Evangelizers! (But don’t do it while working on something. We’ll be here when you’re done.)
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes, tune in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.